Friday, 31 March 2017

March Book Haul



March was an amazing month. Thank God it was a long month, I got some extra time to read and progress a little bit in my Goodreads challenge. There are some books which I got in March and I am super excited about them because two of them were in my TBR list from very long. And finally I managed to grab them.

Apart from my personal haul, I got a good amount of review books, out of which I have already managed to cover two because in April I am starting a reading group and I wanted to be as free as I can be. Fingers crossed for April.

So without further ado let me reveal the names of the books:


1.  Kafka on the shore by Haruki Murakami.

No prizes for guessing why I picked this scintillating black beauty. Haruki Murakami was nominated for recent Nobel Prize for literature awards and people are crazy for his books. I got a perfect suggestion from a friend and he decoded that I should start from this particular book of Mr. Murakami. So this book is not only beautiful from the outside, it has the same attraction in the pages inside.

I have not started it yet, but hopefully I can start this in May or something.



2.  1984 by George Orwell.

I picked this only because recently I came to know that this book is in the Rory Gilmore Challenge and as our reading group would be focusing on this particular challenge and the Indian Classics, I picked it up without even thinking twice. This is not a very thick book which is little unlikely for classics. I hope it is not tough to grasp.



3.  The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien.

The hobbit was in my March TBR but no TBR is followed sincerely in my case. So, I couldn’t find time to read this in March because of pending review copies. But I hope I can read it soon.

I hope my April Book Haul post has “The Lord of The Rings” series.


4.  Rain in the mountains by Ruskin Bond.

I picked this book only because of the word “mountains” *_* . Ruskin Bond is a genius and I was planning to buy few books by him and I hope I had made a right choice because this would be my first Ruskin Bond read and I don't want a bad experience.

****

So these were the books which I bought for my personal reading ventures and now the books that I received for reviewing:


5.  UNNS by Sapan

I have completed this book very recently and I am not sure what to say about it. There were few parts which were likeable but some parts were gross. So I am thinking of what to say in my review, which this time seems a bit hard.


6.  The Jeera Packer by Prashant Yadav

This book has a very interesting story-line and has some great reviews. So this is an action thriller if I decoded it right from the cover of the book and the blurb. At first I thought that this book was based on vintage aura but nope. I haven’t started it because the deadline is not very near.


7.  The origin of Martin Krooger by Sameer Kumar

So this book has a lot of Gods and mystic things gelled up with the story. I have read few chapters and till here there is no advancement in the tale at a larger extent. The fonts and spacing of the words is miserable and that’s why it is taking time. I hope to wrap it up in a week or so. By the way the surroundings created by the author are not bad.


8.  The Rich Labourer by Parthajeet Sarma and Sibani Sarma

This was a non-fiction book and really interesting as it covered very interesting topics in the form of a fictional scenario. So it was fun knowing about new things without getting bored because I am not used to of non-fiction, other than biographies or something like that.

You can read my review here- Review


9.  The Four Patriots by Sumit Agarwal

Have you ever fallen victim to the system? Felt humiliated and helpless? Have you fought back?
The four patriots deal with the most common thing of our country. I would have completed the book till now hadn’t the order been cancelled. Till now I haven’t advanced much because I had old books which needed time. I have read around 30 pages and nothing exciting has happened. Fingers crossed, as it is 296 in length.


10.           Jim Morgan and the seven sins by Bharat Madan

This is the final book in this book haul post. The graphics, the name and an exciting blurb made me pick this project. So the book is about an author who has committed few sins and now the quest to find about the sins is on. I will not be picking this up before finishing at least two books from the list. So dear Jim you are still away from the truth.

 ****


So guys this was my March book haul and it was an exciting month because I got some great books in my shelf and I initiated this reading group thing. Now I am eagerly waiting for 3rd April for the reading to commence.

If anyone want to say anything about the above mentioned books or want to show what you thought about the books then please leave the review links and I would love to see what you thought about the books which I am going to read for a better insight.



Happy Reading J

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

March Book Haul

March was an amazing month. Thank God it was a long month, I got some extra time to read and progress a little bit in my Goodreads cha...

Popular Posts